POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Specifying ppi : Re: Specifying ppi Server Time
2 Jun 2024 02:23:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Specifying ppi
From: Slime
Date: 25 Aug 2005 23:58:26
Message: <430e9362$1@news.povray.org>
> In summary: A pixel is just a color information you can interpret to have
> any width and any height you like.  And that is what is referred to as
> resolution.

Good explanation; sadly it seems to be necessary to explain this a little
too frequently.

I've heard of print shops recieving images (must have been in PSD format or
something else that records dpi) and refusing to accept them, saying, "this
image is only 72 dpi, we can't print this." Change the dpi recorded in the
image file to 300 (without actually changing the image data), and they
accept it.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]